Valentines Day is literally just around the corner, in fact it's tomorrow eeeakkk - so obviously that gave me the perfect excuse to get back into the kitchen and do what I love....and that's to get my bake on! Today I have a yummy red velvet cupcake recipe for you which is so quick and easy to make and tastes amazing, they are the perfect Valentines treat for you and your partner to share or you can just make them for yourself and your girls if you like!
What You Will Need For The Cupcakes
100g of Stork with Butter, softened
150g of caster sugar
125g of self-raising flour
25g of cocoa powder
2 large eggs or 3 medium
2 tablespoons of milk
What You Will Need For The Icing
100g Stork with Butter, softened
225 icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Pink or red food colouring
Sprinkles to decorate (optional)
How To - Cupcakes
1. Firstly pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4 /180 and line a muffin tin with your cupcake cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whack in all of your cupcake ingredients minus the food colouring and mix until smooth with a hand whizzer. Once the mixture is smooth fold in your food colouring until you get the colour intensity you desire.
3. Pop a heaped tablespoon of the cupcake batter into each cupcake case and bake in the oven for around 18-20 minutes or until the top of the cupcakes are springy to the touch, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
How To - Icing
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric whizzer for around 5 minutes or until the butter has turned super pale and smooth, then start adding the icing sugar slowly to avoid the dreaded icing sugar cloud and again mix for another 5 or so minutes until smooth. Then pop in the vanilla extract and a couple of tablespoons of milk if you feel your butter cream is a bit stiff. Once the icing is at the perfect consistency pop in the food colouring, I just added a tiny amount of the red I used for the cupcakes to get a pretty pink colour.
2. Pipe or spoon the icing on top of the cupcakes and top with some sprinkles if you like, I found these cute little princess sprinkles in Tesco which I thought looked perfect for Valentines Day, and there you have it!
Will you be baking any treats for Valentines Day beaut's?