If theres one thing I love to do in the kitchen it's bake, so when I saw Tanya Burr's recent baking video I took total inspiration from it and decided to do my own spin on her Peanut Butter, Pretzel, M&M Cookies, I actually hate peanut butter so I had to change quite a few things up within the recipe so I thought I would share my recipe with you all today just in case their are any peanut butter haters out their like me!
What You Will Need
1 cup of butter (227 grams)
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 cup of caster sugar
3 cups of self-raising flour
1 tablespoon of vanilla
¾ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 cup of broken up pretzel pieces
1 cup of M&M's
1. Firstly pre heat your oven too gas mark 4 and line a couple of flat baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Then in a large mixing bowl, cream together your butter and both your caster sugar and light brown sugar until it's smooth and creamy, then pop in your eggs and vanilla and mix again.
3. Once all of your wet ingredients are well combined pop in your bicarbonate of soda and start adding the flour gradually, don't just throw it in all at once otherwise it will be so hard to mix together and your likely to get covered in flour in the process he he.
4. Then it's time to pop in your M&M's and your pretzels and give everything a good mix, to break up my pretzels into random sized pieces I just popped some into a sandwhich bag and lightly pushed down on them with my hands, you can use a rolling pin for this but I find if your too heavy handed the sandwhich bag is likely to split so using my hand worked out better for me!
5. Roll your dough into balls and place them on your baking trays spaced apart, I did space mine quite far apart but they still spread massive and ended up touching each other so just bare in mind that the bigger your dough balls are the bigger your cookies will spread.
6. Pop them into the oven and bake for around 8-10 minutes. When you remove your cookies they will probably still look quite dough like but that's completely normal, as long as they are a nice golden colour and slightly browned around the edges they are done and will firm up as they cool.
And there you have it, very easy but very yummy Pretzel M&M Cookies! These tasted so good, I'm a huge fan of foods that combine sweet and salty and that's exactly what you get from these, the sweetness of the cookie dough is divine then you get the pops of chocolate throughout from the M&M's and the crunch and saltiness comes from the pretzels, they are so divine! My mixture actually made around 20 cookies however you could get more or less depending on how small or large you roll your dough balls, either way your left with gorgeous cookies!
Do let me know if you give these yummy cookies a whirl beaut's, I'd love to know!