If theres one thing I love to do in the kitchen it's bake, so when I saw an amazing Blondies recipe on Pinterest I just had to recreate them and share them with your all today! I did actually tweak the recipe a bit to suit what I had in the cupboard and my baking tray size ect but they turned out incredible!
What You Will Need
*Makes 15 Blondies*
2 sticks of butter (226 grams)
2 cups of light brown sugar
2 cups of plain flour
Half teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons of vanilla
100g of milk chocolate chips
2-3 packets of Rolo's
Oven Tray 31Cm X 21Cm
1. Firstly pre heat your oven to gas mark 4 and line your oven tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Then in a large mixing bowl, completely melt your butter in the microwave, do this in the 30 second bursts as you don't want to burn or boil your butter, then set aside to cool.
3. After a few minutes your butter should be cool which means it's safe to add your 2 large eggs, vanilla and brown sugar, whizz these together until smooth.
4. Once all of your wet ingredients and the brown sugar are well combined pop in your salt and flour and mix again until your flour is just combined, don't over mix.
5. Fold in your chocolate chips, I actually kept a few aside to sprinkle on top of the mixture before it went into the oven too.
6. Once your chocolate chips are distributed well through out the mixture pop around 60% of your batter in your lined oven tray and spread evenly, then it's time for the yummy Rolos!
7. Evenly place the Rolos on top of your batter that you already spread out in your oven tray so that each Rolo is sitting on it's 'base' rather than laying on its side. I made 5 rows with 4 Rolos going down each row but you can literally pop in as many or as little as you like.
8. Pop the remaining batter into your tray on top of the Rolos and spread evenly so that the Rolos are covered and sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips.
9. Bake for around 23-30 mins, or until the top of the Blondies are lightly browned and set. Be carful not to over bake your Blondies as they are like cookies that set and harden whilst they cool.
And there you have it, very easy yet extremely scrumptious Chocolate Chip Rolo Blondies. I actually found these so simple and fun to make and they turned out perfectly considering it was my very first attempt! The texture is slightly cakey, moist, so gooey and sweet where the rolo's have melted somewhat, arhhhh they are incredible!
Do let me know if you give these yummy Blondies a whirl beaut's, I'd love to know!