I've been baking again, but this time around I've done a recipe from Tanya Burr's new baking book Tanya Bakes. I literally couldn't wait to receive my Tanya Bakes Book, I had pre-ordered it such a long time ago so as soon as it arrived I looked through the whole book to choose my first bake, this was actually very hard because everything and I mean everything in the book looks and sounds incredible but finally I decided on the Chocolate Honeycomb Caramel Cupcakes! I thought I would share the recipe with you today because I found them very easy to make and they taste absolutely incredible.
What You Will Need For The Cupcakes
50g butter, softened
180g caster sugar
splash of vanilla extract
100g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of baking powder
100g chocolate chips
What You Will Need For The Icing
500g icing sugar
2 crunchie bars to decorate
How To - Cupcakes
1. Firstly pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4 /180 and line a muffin tin with your cupcake cases.
2. Then in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract and then fold in your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
4. Slowly add in your milk until you get a smooth batter, the recipe says full fat milk however I don't drink full fat milk so I used semi-skimmed instead and it worked out fine so I'd just go for your preferred milk.
5. Once your batter is smooth stir in your chocolate chips until their well distributed through the batter.
6. Pop a tablespoon of the cupcake batter into each cupcake case and the top each one with any left over batter.
7. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the top of the cupcakes are springy to the touch, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
How To - Icing
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and caramel together until smooth then start adding the icing sugar slowing to avoid the dreaded icing sugar cloud and again mix until smooth.
2. Pipe or spoon the icing on top of the cupcakes and top with crushed pieces of crunchie bar and voila!
These cupcakes where so incredibley easy to make and they taste so rich and chocolaty, this cupcake is definitely a sweet toothed persons dream that's for sure! If you haven't got Tanya's book yet I'd highly recommend it if your into baking, theres so many recipes to choose from, from cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bread, pastry, puddings and even special occasion treats for birthdays, Christmas and Halloween.
Did you get the Tanya Bakes Book beaut? What do you plan on baking? I'd love to know!